- A graduate seminar on ancient magic will be offered by Sarah Iles Johnston on Tuesday afternoons, 2:15-5:00, under the rubric of Classics 7894.
- A course on post-biblical Jewish Aramaic (NELC 5121) will be taught Mondays 2:15 to 5:00 by Michael Swartz as a follow-up to Sam Meier's biblical Aramaic class, and as a complement to the Syriac courses that Kevin Van Bladel is offering this year.
- The class will cover the basics of post-biblical Jewish Aramaic grammar, Aramaic of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Targum, and Palestinian and Babylonian Jewish Aramaic from the Talmuds, Midrash, magical texts, and inscriptions.
- Kevin van Bladel's Syriac course, part two, will meet MWF 12:40 to 1:35.
- Hebrew 5194, Introduction to Biblical Hebrew, will be offered by Lynn Kaye . The course will start from the basics and aim to cover most of the essential Hebrew grammar by the end of the semester. It will be held MW 11:10-12:30.